help- my friend who has a rescue chihuahua she is a toy mini and weighs 3.4 pounds very tiny. this animal sleeps 99% of

help- I have just moved in to a condo with a friend who has a rescue chihuahua she is a toy mini and weighs 3.4 pounds very tiny. this animal sleeps 99% of the time. she stays covered up in a pet bed under a blanket only waking when charles calls her to go potty. Want to go potty? want to go potty? want to go potty? then the dog wakes, stretches,goes to the door- goes outside and potties. comes back in and goes to bed. while she does not play, looks like she is crying all day long, I have never heard her bark, she is so pitiful- there is no "dog" attribute to this animal. Is there a vitamin, an exercise or anything out there that will make her a normal acting animal?

So that is the first problem, the second is this- this dog has used an indoor potty pad when no one was home for several years. She will get up in the middle of the night and Pee on the pad, then go number 2 everywhere else. If she would go #2 before last potty outside it would be great- exactly how do you change a dogs

Asked by Member 1156220 on Feb 20th 2013 Tagged damagedanimal, pottyissue in Socialization

Answers

How old is this dog? If she's not very old, then she needs to go to the vet. There are several conditions that can make a dog sleep so much. As far as going potty in the house, she may be confused, because she can pee in the house but not #2. She should either be allowed to go in the house or not. Maybe your friend can confine her to one room before she goes. Once she does, then she can have her freedom. Good Luck!

Oh Chihuahuas. I love my little chi but she also likes to potty inside, we live in new England its just too cold for her to be out. We've just now realized the more peepad stations we set up in the house the less she potty in bad places. She likes to poop in our closets. Try to eliminate any confusion and have either going to the bathroom inside or outside only. Chihuahuas are lazy of you let them be they love to be under the blankets sleeping alot but if she's a young dog she should be engaged and active with family members. I'd get a vet to check her out and if they clear her change her diet to a grain free higher quality food. I like welness core small bites and honest kitchen for the chis with bad teeth. You'll notice an energy spike with better food. Good luck!