Help!!! My dog bit my other dog!!

I have a 5 yr old female pitbull and 3 days ago she bit my new doberman puppy mix that i just recently had. It was bad... But I brought him to the vet already and hes doing fine right now. She only bites everytime my boyfriend is not around... This time he was in the bathroom and she bit the puppy right in front of me in our room... She know whats "bite" means and we always tell her "no biting" and she knows not to do it when we tell her.... I was just wondering will she remember what she did because this couple days we are constantly telling her that shes bad for biting... it seems like she knows...and everytime shes around the puppy we tell her "no biting" i had da puppy for at least a month now... We keep a close eye on them... We seperate them when we're not around... The first night i kicked her to the living room to stay there by herself as punishment... She shows signs of guilt but i think im imagining all the "guilt" maybe she looks like dat cause "stuff changed" second night shes allowed back in the room but we dont show her dat much affection and still reminding her bout her " bad deeds" and now today... Seem like shes happier... I brought her down the block to poo... And after she came back she was the happy girl i used to know.... So i told her again she was bad for biting and it seems like she understand (or maybe its my imagination) i dont know... I need help... Does she even remember she bit him so bad?? I even let her sniff da doberman puppy's blood stain... When i put i close to her she turn away looking scared...(or its jux another imagination....) please help... Thanks!!!

Asked by Member 1134080 on Oct 3rd 2012 in Aggression

Answers

If your dog bit the other dog and did damage, then you have a serious problem. Some dogs are not good around other dogs. I would get behaviorist or a trainer that specializes in aggression. Reminding your dog about the biting incident after the fact doesn't work. You are putting your puppy in serious danger. You might consider rehoming the pup or keeping the two separated permanently. Like I said, unfortunately, some dogs do not get along with other dogs very well. Good Luck!