Help! Due to having hawks and owls I have a 3.5 lb.,7 month old Yorkie that I've tried to litter box train, but won't.

She started out doing pretty well with the box, but now won't use it at all. What can I do?

Asked by Member 1156800 on Feb 24th 2013 Tagged litterboxtraingyorkies in Puppies

Answers

Make sure you reinforce her going there with praise and a treat so she won't want to go anywhere else. Clean all accidents with an enzymatic cleaner like nature's miracle. If she starts to go in the wrong place, clap your hands (so she will stop midstream) and tell her box or whatever you call it as you run her to her litter box so she can finish there. Put up gates so she is not allowed everywhere in the house until she is trained. I like the set up in this download, instead of grass in the litter box use whatever you are currently using. www.dogstardaily.com