Help!- Dog not eating, vomiting, and lethargic.

My dog just got back from the kennel. When we picked her up, she was soaked because it had been raining and was shaking. She did not act excited to see us as she normally does, and has been lethargic ever since. We figured she had a chill so we warmed her up and dried her and she is no longer shaking, but her stomach is sunken and she is not eating. She vomited twice and will not stop drinking if we don't take her water bowl away. What could it be and what should I do?

Asked by Member 1000753 on Aug 16th 2010 in Illness & Disease

Answers

It sounds to me like this kennel should be avoided in the future!!!! I would suspect she was frighten and didn't come inside at all, as a result, she probably didn't drink or eat anything. If she were mine, I would take her right to a vet since she most likely is dehydrated and will need some IV fluids to get her body back in balance again, and I would also insist that the kennel pay the vet bill. I would also most likely make a report on them to the Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce in your area.