Help? Dog Birthday.

Ok, tommorow is my dog's birthday! :-]
I don't know what to buy for her as a gift.
and a nice treat as a birthday cake.
Any ideas? Please help!! I want to make Pebble's birthday a special day! (without a party)

Asked by Member 847027 on Jun 29th 2009 in Other Books & Entertainment

Answers

Leila

Well consider it a dog day! Bring Pebble everywhere with you, to get the paper a quick run to the store, revolve the day around her! Bring her to work if you can :) Play fetch all day, rub her belly for hours, whatever floats your boat! HAppy Birthday Pebble!

Leila answered on 6/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You can make your own birthday cake for her. Sorry I do not have a recipe but I think you can find one online. Maybe take her to get a cool toy. Since it's heating up outside, I'm sure she'll love her own wading pool. My dog loves it. Happy B-Day!

Thinks of what she likes. Toys? A certain kind of treat that she doesn't get often? (Some sort of meat, perhaps.) If nothing else, perhaps you could spend the entire day with her doing things she enjoys.

Max

I know this is a day late... but how about a Frosty Paws Treat!
www.frostypawstreats.com

Max answered on 7/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Awww, Pebbles! Happy Birthday Girl!

Here's what I do to make a "cake" for Jack or Louie's birthday. It's super easy and good for them. I invite all the neighborhood doggies and his friends over or we meet at the local park.

Take a small cookie sheet, preferrably one with sides on it. Get some of that Kong Peanut Butter paste that comes in the aerosol can (like cheese whiz! Ha!) Line the cookie sheet with her normal kibble, layer on some treats or plain white rice if she or her "friends" have sensitive tummies. Decorate with the Kong Paste just like you would a regular cake with frosting. Two cans is perfect, but one will do the trick. I usally write a big number on there for the specific birthday and a paw print or two.

The humans love it becuase it's cute and I love it because it's good for them and EASY.

I just let them have at it, or you can scoop out individual portions if you have a crowd that isn't so good at sharing. :-)

Happy Birthday!

Misha

spending time with you, in her eyes, would probably be the ultimate birthday present

Misha answered on 7/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Well Happy Birthday to your dog! You can by him a big dog bone or you buy a chew toy something Pebble's would like. Well enjoy Pebble's birthday!

We always take our dogs to get a new toy, and we usually get them their very own peice of chicken that day too :D

Bowdrie

Make some home made dog treats!
We also always make a cheeseburger cake for our dogs! cook the hamburger and mix in some cheese and form it to look like a cake and bake it until the cheese melts! Our dogs LOVE it!

Bowdrie answered on 2/10/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You could of ordered a custom Birthday cake from Barkn Belly Bakery! at www.barknbellybakery.com or facebook at www.facebook.com

Barkn Belly Bakery makes wonderful custom cakes for any occasion!

Maybe next year... or its never to late to order one now...

Maely

For my doggies birthday Iy take me for a hike (even though I don't like hiking) she loves it and it's one on one time with her! I also buy a few new toys and wrap them with cookies in the wrapping so they want to open the presents! it makes it fun for everyone! To top off the the I take her to McDonalds and get her a vanilla ice cream cone! Dogs love the ice cream and you have to hold it for them (more one on one action) and it doesn't seem to bother their tummy :)
Hope this helps!

Maely answered on 2/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cookie Leilani

Well Have her friends over! My dog loves her friends! Also belly rubs and long walks.
Happy birthday Pebble!
Sloppy kisses Cookie and the farm dog gang
:)

Cookie Leilani answered on 7/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Josephine

Well since you have a summer birthday how about a day of playing at the beach in the nice cool water and take some of your dog buddies with ya. Maybe a nice floating frisbee if you like to fetch can be a great water toy. Then stop on the way home and get a McDonald burger off the dollar menu. top that off with doggie yogurt either at the beach or after the burger and it is a fun day for both you and your human.

Josephine answered on 7/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

a huge bone, another companion, tons of treats, dog friends over, tons of affection, another toy, spoil her!

Sparky

Maybe you can make a dog treat cake with peanut butter as the frosting, and a day at the groomer with a good washing and a hair cut ;). Then give her some toys and a bone and a nice long walk! I know that's what I would want!
~Sparky the dalmatian

Sparky answered on 7/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer