Hello my fellow Dogster friends, does anyone have any 100% solutions to not have your homes smelling like a dog lives th

Hello, my fellow Dogsters friends,
I have a puppy, of course...and I'm concern about odor. I get a little self-conscious wondering it. Because sometimes what you don't smell others can. So, does anyone have any 100% guaranteed solutions to keep the home fresh. I'd appreciate it.

God Bless,
Ray

Asked by Member 1079495 on Dec 27th 2011 Tagged clean, fresh, odor, smell, puppy, dog, concerned, solutions in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

I give my dogs baths every 2 weeks, brush them every couple of days and vacuum every day. That works great. You can also wash his bed/crate once a week. That works very well for us. Good luck with your puppy!

I would give him a bath once a week with GOOD shampoo. I recommend using NuHemp, Earthbath or Natural Chemistry Pet Shampoo.

Feed a high quality food. Dogs who are fed a high quality food smell better than dogs who are fed a low quality food. I recommend feeding Orijen, Solid Gold, Timberwolf Organics, SoJo's, Holistic Selects or Primal Pet Foods. If you're interested in feeding a raw food diet or a home cooked diet, check out these Dogster Forums -

www.dogster.com

www.dogster.com

What's REALLY in pet food? -

www.bornfreeusa.org

Check out the Dogs and a Clean Home Dogster Forum - www.dogster.com

Dogs are dogs, they will get dirty! Nobody can really have a 100% clean house and own a dog.

For the most part, A healthy dog does not smell. Obviously, the completeness of this statement varies by individual dog in the same way that different humans have different levels of sweat glands and body odor.

Feed Raw so disease cannot grow. Feed enough raw SAFE bones so that her teeth are kept clean and her breath remains immaculate. My dogs have raw bones avail every day and their breath is odorless. It is a wrong American misconception that dogs have bad breath. It is from incorrect diet and poor hygiene.

Regular weekly (no more, as it will dry out the skin) baths with a NATURAL herbal chemical free shampoo (Earthbath is a good brand). Truth be told, my dogs are only bathed when they are dirty which is rare so, when health is good, bathing is least important

The smelliest dog I knew actually had chronic ear infections and the second smelliest had rotten teeth. Maintain health and hygiene from the inside out-- sprays and perfumes are definitely not the solution

Millie D

There's a difference between your dog being smelly & the house smelling like dog.
Yes you should keep your pet clean, but over-bathing is not healthy for your pet. Different breeds can tolerate more or less frequent bathing. My dogs get baths when they outright stink or are noticeably dirty, yet my house does not smell.
It's a good idea to vaccuum regularly, keep fur brushed, and to clean messes. The most my house ever smelled was during the house-training process & when my cat's litter box needs changing.
Carpet can hold odors, where was wood & laminates are easy to wipe and clean.

If you are worried your house might stink but can't tell, have a trusted friend or family member whose not there on a daily basis come over and take a sniff.

Millie D answered on 1/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I understand your pain and this information comes from experience. I assume you were thinking about housebreaking and all I can say clean it ASAP I use the swifter mop system there are so many products on the market to do away with the smell I used Krud Cutter until the smell goes away and plain old perioxide I hope this helps about all we can do is hang in there and love the puppy.

SAINT

DOES HE GO ON YOUR CARPET AND STUFF? I HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH MY OLDEST DOG DUECE, WHEN HE WAS A PUPPY. I BOUGHT THIS STUFF CALLED SIMPLE SOLUTIONS, NOT ONLY DID IT GET RID OF THE STAIN AND ODOR BUT IT HAS LIKE SPECIAL ENZYMES IN IT THAT BREAK DOWN THE ODOR AND RESIDUE THAT YOUR DOG CAN SMELL AND SAY HEY I PEED HERE SO ITS A GOOD PLACE. LOL TRY THAT

SAINT answered on 4/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer