hair loss on tail

I have an 8yr old male beagle he had got fleas in the summer which I had got rid of, now he has very little hair on his tail what could I buy that will help his hair grow back? thanks for any answers

Asked by Member 697525 on Dec 10th 2008 Tagged hairloss, tail in Alternative Treatments

Answers

His hair will grow back, it may take time but it will come back. I wouldn't worry about trying to find something because his body will natually do everything it is supposed to. Have a good one.

Dexter

Double check to make sure the fleas are really gone. If they are, you might want to take him to the vet. Hair loss is not a good thing in animals and needs to be checked out-unless he pulled it out himself due to the fleas. If he did pull it out himself, then it should grow back on its own.

Dexter answered on 12/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Zackintosh CJ

It also may be a thyroid problem, take him to the vet to have it tested.

Zackintosh CJ answered on 1/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer