Cyndle

Got any good recipies?

Hello, due to the recent information I've received about the posibilities that the allergies in my dog could be food related, my family and I have decided that were going to be moving the dog onto a homemade diet, we're willing to feed raw or cooked, but I want to make sure I'm doing the best for all the dogs.

so I was wondering if anyone has any good recipies for the dogs that are fairly inexpensive... we have three dogs to feed a 9lbs dog, a 45lbs dog and the one that eats more then the other two combined weighing in at about 85lbs

I need something that we came make a lot of for not redicliosly expensive and it cannot contain corn at all since that seems tobe the suspect of what is causing some of the issues in Cyndle.

Thank you so very much for your input and I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Asked by Cyndle on Jul 26th 2010 in Homemade Food

Answers

Hector

I feed 3 large dogs and a small dog. Ranging from 40 lbs to 125 lbs. I do the home made diet because it is actually cheaper than buying the premium brand foods, that still have too many additives.

I have figured out when my favorite market runs their sales. When they do, I stock up. I even went to the lengths to buy a new freezer for this purpose. It has already paid for itself.

When my market has turkey for between 39 and 68 cents a lb, I load up. I buy marbled roast meat between 99 cents and $1.39 a lb. The cheaper I find it, the heavier I stock up. About once every two months my market has chicken breast on sale for 39 cents a lb.

I rarely use pork as one of my dogs don't do well on it. I cook some of the roast in a crock pot, they really love the flavor, but usually the roast is give in raw chunks. I do cook all the birds though in the oven, or boiled.

Pawmail me for more. Not enough room on post board to add too many details.

Works for my big guys and my wallet.

Hector answered on 7/26/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer