got 2 day old boston terriers...but they have tails..reg long tails, not short curled ones. is this normal?

Asked by Member 850084 on Jun 28th 2009 Tagged tails in Other Puppies

Answers

I'm not knowledgeable Boston Terriers, but I must say...whoever sold you *two day old* puppies are either very ignorant or out of their minds. The puppies need their mother until the age of at least 8 weeks. Much less at this very young age! The first week of life is the most critical point for puppies.
If there is any way you can return the pups to their mother, I beg of you...please do so.

cookiemiller.tripod.com

Not to mention bostons don't have curled tails either.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 6/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Katie

Hi there,

I'm going to assume you also have their mother, who is a Boston Terrier? If so, please make sure that a vet sees her and the pups as soon as possible. You can ask all your questions when you take them in, and the vet can check them to make sure they're healthy, and that the mother is doing well.

If this was not a planned breeding, you probably have little mixed-breed puppies there. Whether you decide to keep them or adopt them out, please make sure they're spayed and neutered by six or eight months old. There are thousands of dogs, pure-bred as well as mixed-breed or mutts, all waiting in shelters for someone to adopt them. Over a million will die this year, because there are always more dogs than loving homes.

As soon as the puppies' mom is able, please get her fixed, as well. She will be healthier in the long run, and you can be sure she won't be contributing to the tragic overpopulation problem.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Katie answered on 6/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Baxter

You can see either hardly no tail, a pig tail that seems curled or a short stumpy tail.
You can get alot of combinations out there.
I have a dog with a medium crooked tail, he is just a pet quality dog.
I hope you made a mistake on the age. The pups may die if only 2 days and in a new home.
The pups could also be mixed with something else.
If you want your vet can cut the tail for you, only the vet should do this!

Baxter answered on 6/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer