Bowie

Good Vet for Allergies in Long Island?

I live in Long Island, NY and looking for a vet that is knowledgeable for dealing with allergies.
My 6month pug/beagle's itching of face and ears, and paws are getting more frequent. I'm just not happy with the quality of care and knowledge my vet posseses.
Thanks!

Asked by Bowie on Oct 14th 2007 Tagged vet, allergies, longisland, newyork, ny in U.S. North Central

Answers

♥ Godiva ♥

Dr. Scott Rosen
Deer Park Animal Hospital
631-667-4004

ALL the people at this facility are a pleasure to deal with; when they don't know, they reach out for answers, and are not afraid to do referrals outside of their hospital. Caring, considerate and kind to both pet patients and pet parents

♥ Godiva ♥ answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Chloe

I tried looking for keywords of "board-certified veterinary allergist" or any such listing online but none exists. With my experience in a vet office, any specialists were only referred to FROM a vet. There wasn't any direct number to go directly to them. However, I thought perhaps because you were in another state things may be different, until I found this:

"Some veterinarians have completed advanced training and research in specialty areas such as ophthalmology, internal medicine, surgery, and dermatology, among others. Your veterinarian may refer you to such a specialist when it is necessary, and professional associations may be able to provide the names of their members who have been certified in specialty areas of practice. New York State does not issue these specialty credentials
www.op.nysed.gov

Hopefully,you'll run across someone local who can share some good words on a vet; until then, there's nothing wrong with calling around & asking questions.

Chloe answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Buddy

Well, it's not a vet, but I know of a great product for allergies. It's called Only Natural Pet GI Support. It works wonders for gastrointestinal problems, allergies, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, inflammatory bowel disease, and vomiting. As a well informed pet owner, I can honestly say that it is effective, gentle, has no side effects, and is easy to administer. It works great as a daily supplement or to treat specific illnesses, especially for older pets. It also works well for short term care. Here is a link where you can buy it online.

www.onlynaturalpet.com

Buddy answered on 10/14/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer