Bree

good odor elimnator for carpets

what are the best prodoct for helping with smell and stain

Asked by Bree on Feb 24th 2008 in Odor Eliminators

Best Answer

Marlowe, CGC

Look for a product that advertises itself as "enzymatic" or containing enzymes. Off the top of my head the two I can think of are Nature's Miracle, and Bio-Kleen Bac-Out. Anything that is not enzymatic may cover up the odor with a stronger more pleasant smell, but it won't get rid of it (and your dog can still smell the original odor). Enzymatic cleaners actually break the source of the odor down using enzymes.

Marlowe, CGC answered on Feb 24th.

Answers

Frosti

There are so many and understandably most of them work (or they should) so you are pretty safe using anything. Just go to a pet store and ask for the odor elimnators and take your pick, they higer the price the better chance it will work, although that is not always the case. The one that i use is called Petzyme it is about 3-5 dollers (depending on the store) and works well for me, it removes any odor and the stain, it also doesnt stain the carpet/fabric/whatever he went on,make sure the bottle says doesnt stain, you dont want to get rid of the pet stain but have a water stain.
Good luck, there are so many out there you are bound to find one that works:)

Frosti answered on 2/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Emmy

My mommy uses the carpet cleaner Spot Shot and that works Miracles. She has uses it on new stains and old stains, it also takes up the smell too. She loves it!

Emmy answered on 2/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Layla

I've always hear Nature's Miracle suggested as the "miracle cure" for all those pet smells. It's an enzymatic cleaner like everyone else suggested. I personally havent tried it but all the pet forums that I visit always suggest that one. I however have tried some of the cheaper ones you find at pet stores and they just dont work very well. Next up for me to try is Nature's Miracle.

Layla answered on 2/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

leon

i use bathroom cleaner when my dogs mess in the floor. any kind will work but be sure that the cleaner doesn't have bleach in it.

leon answered on 2/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have had good results removing stains and odors with most kinds of enzymatic cleaners that are on the market. And, having fostered for several years, I've seen some interesting stains ... doggy diarrhea, cat throwing up, you name it.

In terms of removing odors, I have had wonderful results with a product called Kids'n'Pets that is sold at Target.

For general carpet cleaning and stains I use Folex carpet cleaner, which is more of a "professional strength" cleaner. It comes in a white bottle and is sold at home improvement stores as well as target.

If you just need a mild odor remover, you can easily make your own. You need: 1 spray bottle, 8 ounces Hydrogen Peroxide, 3 tablespoons baking soda, and 3 drops liquid dish soap.

Mix the ingredients, spray the stain / item causing the odor. Don't rub it in. Let sit 24 hours, then vacuum over it. Repeat for stubborn odors like cat pee. This works well on sneakers, etc. too.

Ginger Smiles Primm

We love Resolve High traffic foam. Also we have a Bissel Spot Bot and its great! But we do have clean polka dots all over our carpet. Weve tried Natures Miracle but it wasnt strong enuf.

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 2/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sofie

I love Arm & Hammer Oxy Strength Pet Stain & Odor Remover! I have a 10 week old beagle, and it has worked great!

Sofie answered on 2/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer