good daily heathly food for my dog,cause she wont eat dog food and havent eaten in two days

Asked by Member 1134854 on Oct 8th 2012 Tagged wonteatheatlyhumanfood in Homemade Food

Answers

First, rule out health problems. If this is unusual for her, I'd at least call the vet up about it.

If it's not a health problem and you think she's just being picky, she simply doesn't get anything until she eats what she's given. If all it is her being picky, she won't allow herself to starve.

I personally wouldn't change her entire diet over this as there's NO reason you should have to. And she might get the idea that there's always something better than what she's being given, so that she starts refusing that food, too, just in hopes of holding out for something even better.

I agree with the previous answer. Make sure there ain't any health problem due to which she is not eating. Get her examined. Other than that as you know dogs need high protein diet which can only be fulfilled with commercial dog food. Home Made food wouldn't be a good idea; as there are lot of ingredients you need to exclusively prepare and buy for her.

I agree with Treader.If she has passed a vet check, then it is tough love time. Measure out her food & put the bowl down for 15 minutes. Then you pick it up..whether she eats it all, none or just a kibble or two. Then she gets no food or treats until next meal time. If you are doing training, use the kibble from her meal portion.
It is not true that only commercially prepared dog food is the ONLY thing to feed. You could try a raw diet, either prey model or prepackaged, or you could easily do home cooked. There are plenty of helpful folk on the Home Made Food forum, as well as on the Raw forum.
Yes the meal must be balanced..but so does human food. We don't weigh everything & calculate rda's..we eat our veggies, protein, carbs & do just fine. There is no mystery that dogs...who can survive on garbage.....need any extra special care & exact mg/day of xyz mineral/vitamin.