The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC)

Going on vacation. What should I do?

My family is going on a vacation and we want to leave Silvia behind. We were thinking about leaving her with my granny but she has a dog and Granny's dog is Very miss behaved. Do you think that in situations like this that the well behaved dog will stay well behaved or will it turn bad? Any ideas welcome! Thanks!

Asked by The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC) on Aug 10th 2010 Tagged should, i, leave, my, dog, where, she, will, be, around, bad, dogs in Lodging

Answers

Hi! Well, I think ifthey are together for a while they should be okay! My uncle used to bring his Chihuahua with him to our house, at first my Chi hated her even though they had the same parents, eventuly they became great friends!

Buckeye

It depends on how much the dog and your Granny like Silvia. I think it might be a lot of work for your Granny to look over her own misbehaving dog and to still take care of Silvia as well. A close friend or neighbor could maybe watch Silvia. We have someone we know really well come to our own house and spend the night here with our dogs. We trust them, and we know our dogs feel the most comfortable when they are at home.

You could board her, too. Boarding places often have daycare centers and grooming. A lot of boarding buisnesses are owned privately, but we know that some PetSmarts have "Dog Hotels" where your dog can stay while you are gone. PetSmart also has grooming and daycare, as far as I know.

I don't think it would be a big problem if a misbehaved dog stays with a behaved dog. There are other problems that you have to consider when leaving two dogs together with someone.

Good luck and I hope you find a way to keep Silvia happy and safe while you are away!!!

Buckeye answered on 8/11/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer