Toby

Flea treatment for puppy?

I live in an area where fleas are horrible, any recommendations for 11 week old puppy 8lbs/ thanks!

Asked by Toby on Jul 19th 2012 in Flea & Tick Prevention

Answers

I did the followng for our puppy just last month:
1. Bought FRONTLINE PLUS flea & tick treatment for puppies & small dogs (good from 8 weeks of age).
2. Bought a spray on flea treatment for furniture & bedding that is also fine for puppies from 8 weeks.
3. I treated Fergus with the Frontline Plus (which is one of those ones that you rub onto the back of their neck) & I treated his trampoline beds & the household furniture in the rooms he is allowed to go into.
4. I also used A LITTLE of the spray on furnishing treatment in the FABRIC SOFTENER compartment of the washing machine & I washed his blankie, coats & soft shell basket with a little detergent for sensitive skin (my children need it) & the flea treatment.
This seems to have nailed the problem & we also live in an area with sandy soil which seems to attract the fleas (they lay their eggs in the soil & the sandy soil seems to be better for them).