Alice Barrett

first shots and deworming about 10 month puppy she cries when picking her up hasn't eaten or drank water all day sleeping

My question is kind of long sorry about it, my dog is about 10 months old and she just got her first set of shots and deworming, it was about 1:25 pm we cam back home and she was alright acting her self the vet said not to give her food for the deworming meds would work for he and to give it about 3 to 4hrs. tops then feed her so I did as I was told... nothing to major came out of her bum and she doesn't have nothing anymore *side note* (still monitoring her stink bombs) and all is good so far but I'm still worried about her. around 8:00pm yesterday she didn't wanted to be picked up nor touched she cried every time I pick her up. so I took her a small warm bath to calm her down *side note* ( she loves her bath time) and all she did was shake so much so I took her out after that I put her in her favorite blanket and the next day *to day* all she's been doing is sleeping she hasn't eaten anything no water as well just sleeping and where she got her shot is really tender!! thank you Jenn

Asked by Alice Barrett on Jun 14th 2013 in Vaccinations

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

This is normal. Pups start their shots at nine weeks, and since your dog was not socialized regarding any vet care (shots hurt and dewormers are not fun) she was scared. Next time you go back, as puppies require three sets of shots, spray calming spray in the carrier before bringing her in. If she's scared out of her mind beforehand, you can give her a calming treat. The dewormers can make dogs nauseous and have runny poop, so it's probably better that she's not eating right now... she will, and the pain will go away. Don't let her emotionally manipulate you... vet visits are necessary to overall good health! ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 2/7/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer