find my eyes is a traning method

find my eyes ia training tip I got many yrs ago and is quite effective..and simple but I was looking for the instructions ..to pass them on..
It involves teaching you dog to keep his attention on you..by making eye contact..example..
treat in hand..dog wants treat in hand..so stares at treat..as soon as he makes eye contact he gets treat....

I really want to find the article..

Asked by Member 107698 on Mar 7th 2014 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Willow

I have a deaf dog and we use hand signals to communicate with her. We put our index finger up to her face so she knows to look at me and then we use different hand signals to have her sit, stay, down, shake, crawl, roll over etc. She also does agility and loves this big peanut ball we have for here. If I have a hearing dog again I will be using the same techniques as they work better than yelling at the dog. Dogs are not dumb, they just need to be trained right. Good luck.

Willow answered on 4/17/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer