Cassius

Excersise activities to do with my dogs?

I have a boxer and a pitbull who both have very high energy. What are some things i can do with them for them to get their excersise?? I take them on walks. And sometimes my husband and i go running with them or a hike in the woods off leash and they love it. I also take them to the dog park atleast once a week. What are some other things to do with them??

Asked by Cassius on Jan 10th 2013 Tagged boxer, pitbull, excersise in Exercise

Answers

You could also try biking with them, using a bike attachment like the WalkyDog.

Clyde

Playing the "leave it" game is a good way to drain a dog's mental energy. If they're not super power chewers, you can also buy toys like the Kong genius and feed them kibble from those toys. Working hard to get every piece of kibble drains my mastiff really fast. If they enjoy it, playing (or teaching them to!) fetch in a big open area for an hour drains them without too much human exertion. Even if only one dog catches on, I find dogs tend to run with a buddy who is retrieving a ball-even if they don't even like fetch!

Clyde answered on 1/11/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Spunky  ,

Walks and running are good. I find they get more fun through the interaction with mom when I play Frisbee or catch/fetch. On rainy days I do have the luxury of a long hallway and play fetch in the hallway.And they love to chase and play keep away in the house.

Spunky , "The Kissing Monster answered on 1/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer