Lafi

Due to fleas my dog is scratching n biting his body bcoz of this he has created wound in his body what should i do??

Asked by Lafi on Mar 25th 2008 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

leon

you should get some flea medicine first to stop the fleas. my dog once did this and there is nothing the vet can do but give you some ointment to put on it. but you could put some neosporin on it. it works just about the same. but you have to be careful and watch and make sure that he doesn't start to irritate the wound. but other than that everything should be fine. bye!

leon answered on Mar 25th.

Answers

My dog Harley was scratching herself so bad she lost her hair aroung one of the wounds she had created on her rump. The vet said it was from fleas but I swear when I look for fleas on her I cannot find any. We took her to the vet, the vet gave her a shot of hydrocortizone and put Harley on benadryl to help with the itching. My other dog Missy was doing the same thing but not quite as bad. The vet told me to start giving her the benadryl, too. It really helped. Missy weighs 65 lbs., she was prescribed 3 benadryls. Harley weighs about 45 lbs. she was prescribed 2 pills a day. After all that cleared up I stoppped giving them the benadryl, because it makes them tired. Good luck!! Leslie

Charlie

The medication will work, but also get a cone collar so he can't get at the wound.

Charlie answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sinbad Dude

Get some meds from your vet for the "biting" wound.
also if you are bathing your dog make SURE to get all the soap rinsed off,this is worse than a flea bite. Juat a thought hope it helps.

Sinbad Dude answered on 3/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer