Dog wont eat and drinks very little, very weak,falls over easly and when she does her legs go a mile a min but cant up.

Help! I am taking care of my brothers dog while he is in the hospital, he brought the dog to me in this condition: the dog is very wobbly, falls easily, front legs go in a spilt if standing still. Eats a little about every 3 days, drinks very little. I’ve tried everything including rice and chicken. He said he took her to the vets in July and they said blood and stool looked good and wanted to do a cat-scan but he didn’t have the money for that.... Problem is I don’t believe he even took her to the vets, I think that the dog was abused. My brother’s girlfriend hated the dog rumors have it she gave the dog her medication and or used advantage everyday for a week. I don’t know if I believe that but she is kinda crazy and she also has an eating disorder.. Could the dog just have been starved and now doesnt want to eat and is weak. I called my vet and he wont see her because she is not my dog. I dont know what to do to help her, shes such a sweet thing..

Asked by Member 1006647 on Oct 5th 2010 Tagged weak, noteating, falling, notdrinking, walkslikeshesdrunk in Illness & Disease

Answers

Ellie

Get her to a vet ASAP. Either go to a different vet or keep persisting until the vet lets the dog in. She needs to get better!!
Don't give the dog back to your brother if you really think the dog was abused. You could call animal control or the SPCA to discuss the situation. They will probably help you out.
Again, go to the vet soon! The poor doggie needs help!
Thanks for caring so much about the dog! Good luck!!!

Ellie answered on 10/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

If no one can provide medical care for this dog then you must submit the dog to the shelter.
At least the dog will be humanely uthanized so it will not suffer anymore. At this point, the dog is suffering and we have to think of the dog's needs right now. You can not self medicate or feed a dog who is this sick. The dog does sound like it is dying.
Please take her to the dog ER or shelter. This could be anything from Poisioning to Abuse. from Neglect to Diseases. Please get this dog professional care asap, don't wait the dog is in trouble for sure :( :( :(

Since your brother can be arrested for animal cruelty, your doing him a favor to get the dog to a Humane Society or ASPCA Vet for care. At this point I'd tell them it as an abandoned dog.

Now that it's in your care - you can be arrested as well if you withhold medical care.

Can't just let this ride itself out...

This could b a sign that this dog has HEARTWORMS!!or maybe she could have did something to the dog, but she knows that this is a living dog of your vrother(shes dating him).. theres no way, i would go ahead and take her to the vet.. Snowflake did this to me, She had heart worms,,..Sincerly~Dagger!!The Hunting Dog!!