Dog wets himself when he thinks I'm telling him off - when I'm not..

Full story:

I have two pomerianans. I've had the eldest since he was 6months old and he is now 2years 5months old. He's very well behaved and obedient. However if he is ever naughty he wets himself when you tell him off - only ever tell him off when it's "in the moment" otherwise he wouldn't have known what he'd done.

My newest Pomeranian is 12 weeks old (3 months) and as such he gets up to mischief which require us to tell him off.

Now while the 12 week old is just starting to grasp the idea of "no" the elder one is constantly thinking we're telling him off. He could be asleep in the opposite room, come running to where the commotion is and proceed to piddle himself with his ears down despite not being associated to it at all..

I'm just worried. My elder dog is becomming very upset as he believes he's being told off constantly and I'm worried this will cause him to become aggressive 'cos he's so scared all the time.

Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1145567 on Dec 17th 2012 Tagged dog, puppy, shout, wee, piss, scared, worried, aggressive, pup, pomeranian, toldoff, pom, doggy, wethimself, wet in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

Are you sure their not submissive peeing? Generally, a very sensitive, submissive dog will pee themselves even if you speak softly to them. Generally, they grow out of it. Koby does that now, but he's getting better as he gets older. We make sure we greet him in the kitchen where its easy to clean up. We also distract him with a toy. It works very well. If that's what they are displaying, then they can't help it. It's a reaction they can't control. Good Luck!

My Precious Angel   Aregon

I agree, it's submissive especially if he is coming out from the other room. Spunky does that when she gets excited or if we tell Aregon or Casper no about something. Reinforce him good behavior with treats and talk to her let him know it's o.k.

My Precious Angel Aregon answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer