Dog Pageants !!

Im trying 2 get my 5 month old min pin in 2 the dog Pageant world . I think she is beautful and i want 2 dress her up and show her off just for fun. we live in n.c. . Ive been on the internet looking and ive come 2 a wall. If any body can please help me out i would be so happy. Thank u soo much ! Tania and Bella .

Asked by Member 1017610 on Feb 3rd 2011 Tagged pageants, dressup in Other Books & Entertainment

Answers

Do you mean conformation shows, or as most call them "dog shows"? Conformation shows are not beauty pageants, but rather each dog is judged by how well he fits his breed's standard. The standards are tools used by breeders and they try to breed for dogs that fit this standard as closely as possible. It has to do with keeping each breed unique so that people can be more sure of what to expect from the dog as a pet.
(Some of the standards call for harmful features like short noses, which causes breathing problems, though. IMO in that case a breeder should go against the standard.)
(There are other types as well, canine sports like agility, fly ball, disc dogging (Frisbee), dock jumping, etc.)

THAT SAID, I have heard of just for fun dog shows, where you can dress her up and stuff if you like. I think this is more like a neighborhood thing than anything run by any organization, though.

You can try www.DivaDogPageants.com