dog licking her vagina

my female dog is obsessed with licking her private area. why wont she stop?

Asked by Member 511687 on Oct 8th 2007 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Shelby

Is the area red, swollen?

Shelby answered on 10/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Jett  12/25/97-4/25/08

She could be having a urine leakage problem due to an infection, stones or simple incontinence. Has she been spayed? If not, she could be in heat & licking to keep clean (many breeds bleed when in heat). Best way to fix this is to get her spayed. Your best bet is to make a trip to the vet. Good luck!

Jett 12/25/97-4/25/08 answered on 10/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Pongo D Puppy

My dog Pongo was doing the same thing. I took her to the vet and it turned out that she had a UTI. 10 days of antibiotics and I haven't seen her do it at all. Hope this helps...

Mishy and Pongo

Pongo D Puppy answered on 10/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Daddy

Definately get her to the vet if it's constant licking, she could have an infection. A female in heat usually cleans the area, but not obsessively like you've stated, unless they have doggy OCD.

Daddy answered on 10/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer