Dog Has Runny POOP!

OUr 1 and a half year old large breed mutt has been getting diarrhea in and outside the house. She is on holistic Summit chicken and rice with berries, and I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions? I'm in a small town with a crappy vet so I would rather have some advice from dog owners.

Asked by Member 765762 on Nov 10th 2008 Tagged digestive in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

How long has she had the runs? Has she always eaten this food, or have you recently changed? If she recently got diarrhea, it is possible that she ate something she shouldn't have, and it is also possible that she acquired a bacteria infection of some sort. She could be having a reaction to the dog food, but if you haven't recently changed that, then I would rule that out. To be honest, the only way you are going to get a direct answer, since none of us can actually see your dog, is to take her to a vet. You might have to travel a little ways - my vet is not down the street from my house either, but he is incredible. Do some research on vets - it's very important to have a good vet that you can trust, whether he/she is near you or not. Best of luck.

Change foods. Maybe some thing with out berries.