Dog Foods

Have a 9 year old Boxer. Feed her Petigree now but she has a hard time digesting this. Need to find a new food for her. She is healthy thou.

Asked by Member 1116953 on Jun 22nd 2012 in Pet Products

Answers

When you say shes not digesting her food, do you mean diarrhea and/or vomiting? You can try a higher quality food like California Natural, Wellness or some of the others. Try something with less/no grain and less filler. Sometimes they are easier to digest. Also, has she been to the vet for this issue? There could be something else going on. If she is not gaining weight, you might ask the vet about prozyme enzymes. That helps with digestion. Good luck!

Pedigree isn't a good food, I knew of many dogs who were on that food and had digestive issues (diarrhea/vomiting) but when they switched to a better food, the diarrhea and vomiting stopped. Orijen Regional Red is the food I feed and recommend and would be the food that I am going to recommend to you.

Swag

Taste of the wild is a grain free all natural food its not very expesnsive either

Swag answered on 7/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer