Dog eats poop...

Not his own. He munches on the other 3 dogs' poop. They all eat the same food (Kirkland, fairly good quality) and the same kinds of treats. I have searched the internet for reasons why he might do this. Everything from food quality to he is trying to help me with clean-up.
Any ideas or have you had this same problem? Not sure what to do.
We keep the yard clean, it gets scooped at least twice a day. But with 4 dogs there is bound to be some that he finds before we scoop. I can't be outside all the time to get it scooped immediately.
This morning I caught him picking some up. Instead of dropping it, he swallowed. Ugh.
Any ideas as to why he does this and how to get him to stop would be appreciated.

Asked by Member 201551 on Jan 13th 2010 in Coprophagy (Stool Eating)

Answers

The best solution to stool eating, coprophagy, is cleaning them up before the dog has a chance. You can try food additives, the home remedies pineapple juice or canned pumpkin or the commercial products Forbid or Deter.

Why dogs do it is poorly understood. It may be diet related, but changing the dog's diet might cause worse problems. Whatever problems it causes for the owner, it doesn't seem to hurt the dog unless you are trying to clear up a worm infestation.

For more information see home.gci.net

This is the same thing Howard use to do. Feed him pineapples, the eating poop will stop. When you feed pineapples, they will hate the taste of any other dogs poop, that they will not eat it. Feed all the dogs pineapples.