Does this look like a pointer mix?

I adopted this little girl two months ago and I've yet to really figure out what she is.

i812.photobucket.com

i812.photobucket.com

i812.photobucket.com

The rescue centre said that she was a lab mix, but at the moment she looks nothing like labrador pups that I've googled. She's far too lanky!

My guess is that she could be a pointer cross of some sort as she has huuuuge ears and webbed feet (which, as far as I know, the German Shorthaired Pointer has). She's definitely a mix - that's for sure. Sadly I know nothing about her parents as she was rescued from a ditch with her littermates.

Any ideas as to what she might be?
Many thanks in advance,
Cecilia and little Pepper

Asked by Member 1000436 on Aug 13th 2010 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Pointer/Labrador Retriever mix. She may have some Great Dane in her, too.

Look at these pictures of a Pointer/Labrador Retriever mix -

cdn

cdn

Oh my! She's so cute!
We had a black lab/german shorthair pointer and she looks EXACTLY like our boy did.

The webbed feet are definitely pointer, but can be lab, too. Our guy had slightly more white "freckles" on his neck and chest, but they look quite alike.

I don't see any Dane, though.

For what it's worth, she's likely quite a firecracker and a smart dog. This is a GREAT mix.

It took our boy about a year and half to really fill out. He was a shelter rescue too, so he was a bit underfed at first, but he did fill out. The pointers are quite lean by nature so that kept him on the skinny side for a while.

Marmite

awh! she so cute.

i would say she is deffo a pointer/labrador. (pointador)

you just have to take a look at my dog marmite who is a 'pointador'. they look like twins.

Marmite answered on 11/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

hi

i think she's a Boxapoint like our lovely girl. We also rescued her but know thats what she is. Same webbed feet that you describe etc and the thing that made me want to mail you is that they could be sisters they look so alike!

Hope she's bringing you as much fun and happiness as ours brings us!