♥ Sampson ♥

Does the Pensacola dog Fanciers Association allow mixed breeds to compete?

I would like to train Sam for agility because he is quick and agile and did fantastic with the begginers kit for agility I got him. The only agility competers in our area are the Pensacola Dog Fanciers. Some associations like I think the AKC don't allow mixed breed dogs to compete so I want to know if I should find another association.

Asked by ♥ Sampson ♥ on Dec 21st 2009 Tagged agility, training, agile, quick, smart in Agility & Sports

Answers

Hey Sampson! From what I've heard, agility would be GREAT for you! Rosie loves agility too, but we just do it for fun. Do you have any connections? Like dog trainers, shelter staff, rescue volunteers? They might know some good places where you can compete for fun.
Good Luck!
~ Rosie

Seth

i know there is alot of talk about letting mixed breeds compete in agility and obedience. But i dont think it has been approved yet. Check the AKC website to see it that passed and when they may open it up to all dogs.

Seth answered on 12/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shiver Me Timbers

There are a lot of agility associations that DO allow mixed breeds to compete. I'm thinking that AKC doesn't because they only have registered purebreds in the first place. Look for organizations and call around.

Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie" answered on 12/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maxwell

AKC is planning a program to allow mixed breed dogs to compete.

I think this association is AKC affiliated. That means you might not be able to compete in any trials they host but possibly you could train there. Call and ask.

My training center is associated with USDAA and I love trialing there but there are many other trials I attend in my area.

As well as USDAA Max and I compete in CPE and NADAC. ASCA allows mixed breed dogs to compete as well. There are other organizations as well.

Maxwell answered on 12/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer