does anyone no of really small dogs that r like 5 lbs full grown? and rescue info

i need to find a dog that is like 5 lbs full grown really small. cause where i live the land lord says i can have a really small dog nothing bigger. if you do no of any please tell me the breeds. thanks. and another question how much does it cost to usually rescue a dog from a rescue place? if u no the answer please post it thank you very much

Asked by Member 763607 on Nov 5th 2008 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Elvis

The only breed that is that size is a teacup chihuahua. Though, I wouldn't reccomend one. But thats the only breed in the world that size. Now, their is another dog if you could talk your land lord into letting you get a miniature dachshund that are 6 to 11 pounds. I really reccomed a miniature dachsund, I have one and she is so sweet and cuddly and playful. I hope you find the perfect pup. Good luck! Hope this helps!

Elvis "Adopted!" answered on 11/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sadie

The only 2 I can think of is a very small chihuahua or a very small yorkie. They may be a little harder to find but not impossible. You may have to call or shop around, I appreciate you wanting to adopt. I would do some research on these 2 breeds before you adopt. I have 2 chi's and one yorkie and it is always better to be as educated as possible. The cost ranges but I would say somewhere around a hundred bucks give or take. Good Luck finding one and I hope you find one that will give you lots of happiness and visa versa and one more thing...please let me know if you get one and what kind and if you ever need any help on either breed I will try and be a helpful as possible!! HAPPY Hunting..for a dog that is :)

Sadie answered on 11/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

There is no such thing as a teacup dog. These are dogs that are poorly bred, prematurely born, and basically have a dog version of "failure to thrive." They often have lots of health problems and die young.
www.barkrescue.net
Rescue places vary in price based on the size and age of dog. I would ask your landlord exactly how small he means, and base your decision off of that. I'm sure he doesn't mean something as small as a rat. Most people when they think of small dogs they think of pug-sized, poodles, yorkies, etc.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 11/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥ Ponchita  ♥

I dont know of to many dogs that are only 5lbs. But I do have a chihuahua and she is fully grown at 10 lbs.

♥ Ponchita ♥ answered on 11/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer