Cordelia B.

Does anyone know a natural/homemade flea spray for my yard?

This is a follow-up to a flea question, because I think I saw fleas on one of my dog's toys out in the yard. I don't like chemicals, and am looking for a recipe or natural flea killer to spray in my back yard. I have a garden, feed the birds, and have assorted wild critters - besides my darling doggie - who inhabit, or at least visit the yard. I'm a vegetarian, and don't want to kill anything...except the fleas!

Asked by Cordelia B. on Sep 23rd 2007 Tagged fleas in Flea & Tick Prevention

Best Answer

BOO

www.arbico ALL THESE PRODUCTS ARE NATURAL

BOO answered on Sep 23rd.

Answers

Queen Peaches of Pupingham

There are products you can use that are natural and won't hurt the environment..Neem works well. It doesn't smell good.
also check out this site

diatect.com

As with any insect control..be sure to follow directions..there usually is some waiting time between treatment and allowing pets or people into the area..

You can also do a google search for more products.

good luck

Queen Peaches of Pupingham answered on 9/23/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mocha Bear (Mokie), VGG, KPA,

You can use beneficial nematodes...google them online for instructions on purchasing/applying.

Diatmaceous Earth also works well, but be sure to find the food grade rather than the made for pools that has chemicals, etc. The downside to DE is that it works on all insects, including beneficial bugs like ladybugs and honeybees, etc.

There is a product called cedarcide, and another garlic-based lawn spray that I seem to recall others having used with success.

Mocha Bear (Mokie), VGG, KPA, answered on 9/23/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

odie

i use diluted skin so soft in a spray bottle i just spray my girls down. I also use a insecticide you hook up to your hose and spray your yard let it dry & let them back out you get it @ your hardware store been using it for years made by greenthumb. I also heard pine trees & cedar trees are natural flea & tick repelents
hope this helps

odie answered on 9/23/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer