Tyson

Does anyone know a cheap Vet around Lexington Kentucky???

I need to get my two male dogs fixed (I always get the "spay and neuter" mixed up, I dont know which is which!!) and I am looking for a place around where I live that may offer a discount for multiple pets, or that is just all around a good vet that doesnt gouge you with a price!! Thanks for your help!!

Asked by Tyson on Jul 21st 2008 Tagged male, spay, neuter, vet in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

I can understand this. When we wanted to get my cat spayed, at our regular vet it would have cost $300! We went to a vet in Jacksonville who only charged about $100 to get it done.
However...
A low cost vet won't necessarily have the best care available.
You could ask Dogster HQ if you can ask for money to help pay for it on here.
And thanks a bunch for wanting to neuter your dogs! Really, I'm not being sarcastic.
I hope that you find a good low-cost-vet. Try to find one through word of mouth in your area, because if a vet is really good people will usually recommend it.

Neuter is the correct term for male dogs.

What you're looking at in terms of price are the actual surgery, the bordetella shot if the vet requires the dog to stay overnight at the clinic, and the dog's shots (rabies and distemper) if your dogs are not current on them.

Contact your local SPCA to find out whether they have low-cost spay and neuter clinics, or whether they have any recommended low-cost clinics. Some SPCAs can get you coupons to use at participating vets, which knock some of the cost off.

That would be where I would start. The low-cost spay/neuter clinics run by the SPCA are a great place to have your dog done. They use participating and volunteering vets to help make this service available to low-income folks.

Zelda

I just returned home with my cat and dog, both females, from PAWS (Paris Animal Welfare Society) in Paris...jury is out on satisfaction...they sent us home just 2 hours after the spaying of my cat...they are both very loopy and sleepy and my cat isn't walking yet.

But out of county male dogs are $36 each...that includes their shots.
If you can prove poverty level income...it is free.

Good luck...and I'll try to return and update on my pets conditions. Right now..I'm kinda freaked!

Zelda answered on 8/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Caring heart pet clinic is extremely reasonable and also runs a low cost spay and neuter. Their websites is www.lowcostspayandneuterlexingtonky.com or www.caringheartpetclinic.com