do you think rouge is a purebred bloodhound?

rouge is ADORABLE and thats for certain, he is from the dog rescue i volunteer for, we rarely get bloodhounds in so this is really exciting to all the volunteers. he has won my heart over for SURE purebred or not. :)

he is a large dog, has that low hound bay, he's really goofy, has the blood hound colors- rust and black, follows his nose every where, about 1 year old, probably weighs around 70-80 lbs (total guess on my part) he is kind of tall and lanky. his ears are fairly long, he has an easy going temperment, LOVES everyone and is very gentle to everyone including kids and other dogs, he LOVES to play.

so, does anyone know if he's purebred? or if he is a mix, with what breed? click on his picture to see more pictures and info. oh i think i am in love....

thanks! :)

Asked by Member 765056 on May 2nd 2010 Tagged purebred, bloodhound, adorable in Bloodhound

Answers

You're certainly right....he's absolutely ADORABLE! Those ears!

It's hard to say. On the one hand, he may be a mix because his face lacks the serious wrinkles that most purebred Bloodhounds have. On the other hand, I do know of one totally purebred Bloodhound who doesn't have that many wrinkles. So it's possible to have a purebred that looks atypical, I suppose.

On the other (third?!) hand, I think that if he is a mix, it's likely a dog with very similar traits to the bloodhound, perhaps a coonhound.

Or he could be coonhound with something else.

He's absolutely adorable and i hope you find him a forever home soon!

Rouge: Bloodhound

He is 100% a purebred Bloodhound. He is adorable and will get adopted really quickly.

Looks like it.
Cute!!
They do get lost because of their nose. :)