Minnie

Do you let your dog on your sofa ?

I just got new dog 3 days ago and my mom doesnt like it when she gets on the sofa because my sofa is like a clothe type and my mom says the smell stays there and its hard to clean. So today in the morning i woke up and found my dog laying on the couch and she looked so comfortable and happy and so chill but i feel bad kicking her. so do most of you let your dog on the couch ?

Asked by Minnie on Jan 2nd 2013 Tagged dogonsofa in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

I'm guessing that you mean "kicking her off" rather than "kicking her." Dogs like comfy things and, unless you teach her it's not okay, she won't see any difference between the couch and other comfy things. My dog spends all kind of time on the bed and couch, but that's not a choice everyone would make. Having a steam cleaner and a dog is always a nice arrangement.

Beau

I don't have any issue allowing my dog (a Doberman) on the couch. I keep him regularly bathed and only let him eat his snacks on the floor, so that way he's not trailing any doggy smells onto the furniture. I've never had issues over the years with him stinking anything up.

As Libby said before me, the couch can always be steam-cleaned if you do run into any issues with odors.

Beau answered on 1/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Oshawa

I allow my dog on sofa also.If you are concerned about the couch they sell covers for pets on love seats and couches or even put a blanket throw down for dog to lay on that will protect furniture and depending on how much your dog sheds contains the fur better.

Oshawa answered on 1/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lexus

I let my pups on the couch. I have 2 Huskies and they tend to be cleaner dogs so that is not an issue but the fur gets all over the couch so I just vacuume it off daily. As the other posters said steam cleaners are a pets best friend.

Lexus answered on 1/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ikan

When I was younger, my mom got a new sofa, and she wanted to keep the dogs off of it. So we bought a used couch on a garage sale for a few bucks and that became the dog couch. We have many pics of the three dogs laying with each other on it. and they accepted the fact that that was for them, and the other one was off limits.

Ikan answered on 1/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Otis

I do let my dog on the sofa thay love to lay next to us. My husband hates it so I vacume the sofas and clean them with a wet rag.

Otis answered on 1/10/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I've always WANTED my dogs to snuggle next to me on the sofa, regardless that my husband is allergic.. Aside from brushing & bathing my dogs once a week, I vacuum the hair off the furniture. My sofa is cloth and to lessen any doggie smell I put the cushions in the tub, spray w/hot water, spritz Lemon Lysol or carpet cleaner on it, rinse it off & lay it crossways to drip dry, then lean it over a heat vent. In the summer I hose them down. I'd give your mom a big hug & ask her to chill. The photo'd dog is the culprit of my labor! lol