do you get to name the pet after adoption?

i want to know that when your done adopting a pet do you name the name you want and change its first name?for example i just adopted a puppy and his name was troy but i wanted to name him furry but i didn't because i didn't know if i could?

Asked by Member 1125490 on Aug 13th 2012 Tagged names in Other Puppies

Answers

Sure you can change the name of a dog if you do not like it. I have had many dogs i have taken in, a couple I kept their name. But I had a some come with names I could not stand. They do fine, it may take a bit for them to get used to the new name, but it is now your dog and you can do what you want as far as the name.

Hey, it's your dog now. You can call him anything you want. Who is going to stop you?

Karma

My husband adopted a dog named Armani.... hes a rot mix... such douchebag name really didn't suit him. I mean come on, who names their dog Armani n leaves him tied to a fence? He changed the name straight away and now he's only known by his real name - Soze. So I say, go ahead. New start, new name :)

Karma answered on 8/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, of course you get to change the dogs name! It's your dog, no one else's and you can name it whatever you want to.