Do west highland terriers have a problem with ready eyes?

I'm goin to look at an11 week old westie and in her photos she has quite large red patched under her eyes. The seller assures me it's jus teary eyes and is common in white dogs and should clear up on roughly 6 months. I haven't seen this in any other photos I've looked at. Is this info correct?

Asked by Member 1153703 on Feb 5th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

NO... at 11 weeks old there should be no tear stains at all. Furthermore, something like tear stains usually get worse, not better as the dog grows up.
I would find a better, more honest breeder!

Listen to Toto! She has YEARS of puppy experience. I suggest that you do not get this puppy, but take some time to research more about Westies. Then talk to your local breed club & ask them for names of reputable breeders.
If you are not set on them as a breed, I suggest you go to Dogster's Community Forums.."Choosing The Right Dog"...and check out posts about various breeds/breeders.
Or start a thread asking for info on Westies & get a dialogue going. Answers is a one-shot deal; forums is more conversational, with more traffic.