Do markings and/or colours of pitbulls change as they get older?

I recently lost my dog and we seen a dog that looked A LOT like her at the SPCA, but the markings were slightly different, but the characteristics were identicle. Can a dogs markings or colour change as they get older? I really need some professional help.. My boyfriend and I really want our baby girl back home...

All the help is well appreciated, thanks a lot!

Asked by Member 822343 on Apr 2nd 2009 Tagged rednosepitbull, markings, colour, change in Answers

Answers

Zackintosh CJ

A dogs color might slightly change as it gets older, like getting lighter for an older dog, darker for a puppy and such, but I don't think markings change unless its a young puppy that changes a bit as it grows up.
When you see your dog, I'm sure you will KNOW that its her, not just think she looks a lot like this one/acts like it whatever, you will know your dog.

Zackintosh CJ answered on 4/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

Do you have any pics to compare this dog to? I mean I used to have brindles and you can not really see any drastic changes there was just size or growth but not different markings.She should be same color, find a photo to match the markings with is my only help.
It is hard to say, I don't know how long you have last seen her.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 4/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If this was YOUR dog at the shelter you would know it and your dog would be spinning with excitement at the sight of her parents,

Chloe

Not sure about pitbulls, I know in a Siberian Husky the facial mask markings can change in apperance as the dog gets older. They do not change drastically though, just develops with the dog and can look different from when it was a small puppy. I guess we would need to know how long the dog has been missing for? But I am pretty sure if you saw YOUR dog at the shelter you would know it right away, unless the dog has been missing for years. Good luck!

Chloe answered on 4/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

How about seeing if the dog responds to your lost dog's name and if she knows the same tricks? I'd think that would be more accurate than markings.