♥ Babe ♥

do dogs see in color???

i am really curious if dogs see in color? or do they see in some colors or just pure black and white? Thanx!!

Asked by ♥ Babe ♥ on Aug 14th 2009 in General

Best Answer

Sonny

Dogs have the most trouble seeing the colors red and green. Dogs see a more brighter less detailed world than us. That is the reason why many dogs have keen eyesite for example, the Afghan Hound has one of the best eyes of the dog world. For more info go to this website, www.psychologytoday.com

Sonny answered on Aug 14th.

Answers

Lexie

I think they see just black and white.

Lexie answered on 8/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Patchs

Yes, they can see colors. They just dont see Vivid color. A study done about 15 years ago proved this and they said that they see color at about the same rate that we do at twilight.

Here is a link that I posted on this topic: www.abetterdog4u.com

Patchs answered on 8/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Shiloh

Yes, we dogs DO see in color. But we can't see all the colors humans can. Some of the colors dogs can see are:
-purple
-blue
-light brown (when I mean light, I mean VERY light!)
-(etc...)
There's really allot of colors we can see, too bad it's very limited...

Shiloh answered on 8/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

In one of my training sessions at a dog guide school, one of the staff vets had a chart showing how dogs see color. They see red, orange, and yellow as yellow, and a small band in the middle as white, and the rest as blue.

♣Duchess♣

I think they can see black, white, and red. I have heard that some dogs can see colors, but i dont htink so!!

♣Duchess♣ answered on 8/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer