HAYLEE

DO DOGS GET CRAMPS WHEN THEY ARE IN HEAT?

SHE HAS BEEN VERY SLEEPY, BUT I HAVE NOTICED SHE HAS BEEN VERY FIDGITY, AND CANT SEEM TO GET COMFY

Asked by HAYLEE on Jun 23rd 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

She is restless because her hormones are going crazy, she wants a mate, she wants puppies, but she is being cooped up which is entirely against her instinct to wander and find a mate.

I'm not sure about the cramping part- but it might be possible.

♥Tiffy♥

I do believe dogs get cramps while in heat. When my Tiffy is in heat, she is just not her normal playful loving self. She just wants to be babied and have her tummy rubbed. I can see in her eyes that she is having some mild discomfort. But I don;t think it's anything too serious.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 6/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

maybe she is having some cramps around her private part i dont really know most dogs in heat are o.k.

I believe it is entirely possible for a dog to have cramps during heat. And like people for some dogs it may be worse than others. I do suggest you spay this little girl with her being so small you don't want to risk her being impregnated by a larger dog not to mention she wouldn't have to go through this discomfort anymore. Just a thought.

There is no way to know for sure. But maybe they most certainly could.