Do dogs get black heads,i can see black things in her skin around her teets and i can squeeze them out,what is this?

Asked by Member 961823 on Feb 9th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It is most likely her skin and her tissue. Just leave it alone, if you are in doubt of anything like that take her to the vet.
ok?

Yes, dogs do indeed get blackheads and the location you mention is the most common for them to occur in most dogs. Blackheads are merely dirt and skin oils trapped in the pore so of course they can occur on dog's skin as well as on our own. I have a Chinese Crested and as a breed, they are extremely prone to blackheads. Harvey is only six months old and he has lots of them along his neck and around his sheath. I roll them out as well, then wash the area with a good anti-acne wash.

Reyna

Reyna gets these. But I have to keep them very clean because if I let it get out of control, it eventually turns into a staph infection. Reyna has quite the fold in her belly and this is where she gets all the blackheads.

Reyna answered on 2/10/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer