*Tommy*

Could it be a seizure????

Tommy had a little episode today with some unusual twitching. He is an outside dog so I dont really know what happened before I went outside. I can normally walk up to the pen he is in and he would wake up well today he didnt and I noticed he was doing some unusual twitching in his hind leg (rapidly but not like a convulsions) eyes and nose/mouth. I have never seen him do this before. I called his name a couple of times and he got up really slowly and was kind of like "what happened?" looked at me and started walking to me jumped up and fell down and jumped a second time and got his balance. He didnt foam or loose control of his bowels that I have noticed. He has had a couple injuries to his head that I know of like him falling on a brick when he was 4 and drug and alcohol abuse before I adopted him at 1 1/2 but nothing other than that I can think of. I looked up different kind of seizures and the closest I found to his symptoms were a Focal/partial seizure.

Asked by *Tommy* on May 2nd 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It sounds like a seizure, but it certainly is a significant problem. He needs a trip to the vet and probably closer supervision than he'll get as an outside dog.