Argon

chihuahua coat type

I just got my second chihuahua, she is three years old. She has a completely different coat type than my first chihuahua. She has very soft thick fur. My other chihuaha, a one year old male has very coarse fur that lays very close and flat to his body. His fur is also shorter than hers but hers is not long enough that I would think shes a long hair. My question is are there different types of fur in short hair chis, is it normal that two chis would have such different coat types?

Asked by Argon on Jun 29th 2011 in Other Grooming

Answers

Jet

First of all, I saw that you posted this same question twice. Although it was from two different accounts, us here at Dogster would really appreciate it if you would only ask the question once, so that other questions have the ability to be seen. Thank you!

This seems completely normal, because every dog is different in personality, coloring, and COAT TYPE! However, I would check with your local groomer to find your dog's coat type. And if they don't know, it's time to find a new groomer.

If you have any other questions/concerns, just let me know!

Lots of Licks,

Jet

Jet answered on 7/3/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer