Tinkerbell

can you use human antiseptic wipes or spray on a dog?

Asked by Tinkerbell on Aug 5th 2008 in Skin Problems

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

I wouldn't suggest it because dogs' skin is way more sensitive than humans. You never know what effects it could have. Go to the pet store and buy some. Don't take the chance.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 8/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

IF you must use human wipes on your dog, I suggest only baby wipes. NO ALCOHOL in the ingredients. I do use them myself, but only the plain no alcohol wipes. There are a TON of scented wipes out now. I steer away from those, as they may be additional irritants to our skin let alone our furry friends.

I do pack baby wipes with me whenever my dogs and I go out. They have their own diaper bag with extra water, baby wipes, Benadryl capsules, Betadine antiseptic, bandages, extra leashes, collars, etc. I never know what could occur on an outing. Just good practice to be prepared just in case.

If you have a dog with very sensitive skin, I would not suggest using wipes of any kind. I would instead suggest you just use plain water and a wash cloth. If going in the car, wet your washcloth and put it inside a zip lock bag for use later. It will stay moist this way.

Happy Tails!! :0)

Baby Girl

I got a sore on my back so Mom took me to the vet and he said to use Neosporin on it. It worked great and only took a couple of days to heal.

Baby Girl answered on 8/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer