Sam

Can you help me guess my breed?

Sam is a stray dog that decided to be a part of our family! He is so affectionate and after some research I THINK he is part Pit Bull, however, Viszla/Shepherd/Pharoah Hound all came up as well. However this dog is on the small/med size and looks a lot like a fox! Any smaller dogs that you can think of with a curled up tail that look like this? Any and all guesses are welcome! Here is a link to his body, and click on his profile pic for a close up of his amazing eyes!

tinypic.com
[IMG]i50.tinypic.com

He also has a slender face with a longer snout, light nose and light eyes.

He also has a white marking on his chest.

Thank you!!!!

Asked by Sam on Sep 16th 2012 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Gracie

I'd say most definitely German shepherd in there, not sure the cross. I don't see pit in him really. He is very beautiful though. :) I'm going through the same with my rescue pup now trying to figure out her breed. We are getting a wisdom panel dna test done. Hoping it comes up with some insights, might be a good option for you also if you are really curious. Good luck with your new pup! :)

Gracie answered on 9/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dutchess Roliena Skyvy

as the other person who has answered he is part German Shepard hes not a Vizsla just by looking but if you take a very close look he looks to be a Vizsla in the snout looks of it he looks like he does have the lineage of the Pharaoh Hound he also seems to be a Black and Tan Coonhound but the most likely his breeding is of German Shepard and Blue Lacy. if you have the time i would suggest you go to this web site to look farther into it if you want
www.dogbreedinfo.com
all you have to do is search the breeds you think he is and it will give you a very excellent description of the breed

Dutchess Roliena Skyvy answered on 9/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

am I the only one seeing Siberian Husky? Something in his bone structure and tail carriage, plus the way his coat lies, says Husky to me. They are not large dogs either, so a Husky/Pit mix might be a reasonable guess.

He looks like a German Shepherd mixed with either a Chinook or a Carolina Dog. I definitely see German Shepherd, Chinook and Carolina Dog in him.