Can I mate my 20-30lbs. Female French bulldog and a 70-80lbs. Male English bulldog???

Asked by Member 1099689 on Mar 13th 2012 Tagged breeding, mating in Pregnancy

Answers

Please leave breeding to the professionals who know what they are doing and do the appropriate testing on their dogs to make sure they are not passing on hereditary diseases. It takes a lot of money and know how to breed responsibly. There is no need to make more shelter dogs that most likely won't find homes and will be put to sleep when the shelter gets too crowded.

Not a good idea.
Mating a large male to a small female is asking for trouble, especially in a breed well known to need C-sections most of the time as it is. It can result in puppies too large to be delivered, or even cause problems during the pregnancy due to size.
I also agree with the above answer.

Are you aware that Frenchies almost always are born by C-section because of their large heads and small pelvis? And you want to compound this problem by mating your female to a much larger male? Do you have the funds for this? C-sections are expensive, even if everything goes right.

These are some of the reasons that puppies of these breeds cost so much- there is very little profit involved after you account for all the medical expenses. Better to leave it to experienced breeders.

That's not a good idea to breed a 20-30lb dog with a 70-80lb dog. You shouldn't be breeding if you have to ask this question. Research and educate yourself on breeding BEFORE you breed.

Starbutt

what I think everyone has not thought to ask is WHY, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO BREED YOUR DOG TO A BIGGER DOG. Yes some have bigger I know my sister found a pregnant dog it was beagle and the pups turned out to be a lab and beagle mix
(not sure if both are but the vet said this) Now let's talk of the pups most likely they will be big and will not have many I am not aware of the pups killing your dog but I would give
consideration on if the pups are TOO BIG to grow in your dog then what? I assume you have a bulldog and if you plan to breed with a male bulldog not yours I would really wonder of the one that has the male bulldog and ..well papers are not even thought of here. oh and then the cost they WILL NOT BORN normally they WILL BE c section the head are to big to be born normally and cost of all this a.. well it is not cheap the idea is to better the breed to make it look more like the standard

NOT TO BRED FOR MONEY OR JUST TO HAVE PUPS

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 3/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer