can i foster a dog?

i have 3 dogs already so can i foster a dog? im in warren michigan. i know i most likely can foster a dog but my dad doesnt think we can. since we have 3 dogs already. plz asnwer and thank you!

Asked by Member 1127550 on Sep 16th 2012 in Fostering a Pet

Answers

Ikan

Well you do have to think about the cost to foster. Many times the cost of food and other care falls on to you. If you think you can handle the extra cost. And you have the room. Then I guess you can. But remember. They can also leave at any time to live with someone else. Good luck in what ever you decide

Ikan answered on 9/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You need to check your county regulations. Where I used to live there was a 3 dog limit, but you could apply for a modified kennel licence if you wanted to foster.
If you are a minor, then it would be your dad who is the foster, not you. Accept whatever he says & when you live in your own place you can do as you wish.

Hi Warren,

Well,like the previous answer here, I would also suggest that you look into your budget and see if you can afford a dog, its food and health care. As you are a dog owner, you yourself knows the cost of keeping a dog. Although fostering a dog is not a bad idea. You need to look into your pocket and decide if you are actually ready to take responsibility of another pet.