can dogs sense stress or tramatic experiences in humans

Our boxer is acting out of the normal this weekend. The twin granddaughters that live here and that have grown up with her since she was a pup went thru a very tramatic dog attack at someone elses home, they are not the same around her,very leary. They went to visit another relative and now our dog won't eat and is laying around not even moving around much. Could she be upset and worried?

Asked by Member 1155634 on Feb 17th 2013 Tagged behavior, kids, stress, tramatic in Separation Anxiety

Answers

Dogs can definitely sense emotions in humans. I would explain to your grand daughters that your dog is still the same dog she always has been and she never hurt them before and she would never hurt them now or ever. It might take some time, but they'll understand. Have them feed her treats, throw a ball for her. I grew up with horses. One time I had a horse attack me. Emotionally, it did something to me that I couldn't explain. My mother found a horse for me, named Squirt, that was so sweet and gentle. At first I was afraid of her. But after a while I realized that that the horse that attacked me was not like all horses. She got me over my fear. It's kind of the same thing. Your grand daughters just need to see that not all dogs are bad. Good Luck and I hope that helps. :)