Guest

can dogs lick lollipops?

I let my poodle lick a tootsie pop and she liked it will it make her sick?


Asked by Member 516244 on Oct 15th 2007 in Treats
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • This question is closed.

Best Answer

Xena

I let Xena have a lick or two when I eat lollipops. It's okay as long as it's just a few licks, but you should not give her an entire lollipop. Also, like Jack said, chocolate can be very dangerous, even in small amounts depending on the type.


Xena answered on Oct 15th.

Other Answers


Answers

Jack

A few licks might not make her sick right away, but dogs should NOT eat food like this.

Sugar, in candy form is basically indigestible to dogs and can be harmful.

Also, chocolate is extremely bad for dogs and can cause death, so the chocolate center of some of these lollies is bad, bad bad.

A few licks here and there won't hurt her, but you should ask yourself if you're willing to take the risk of harming her health.


Jack answered on 10/15/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Lucky

i had a Dalmation named spot and he would eat lollipops all the time and he never got sick or anything i depends on the dog.but dont let her eat the tootsie roll that could be bad...


Lucky answered on 10/15/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

Just like children, I don't feel too much sugar is good for anyone. If your dog likes sweet snacks, try giving them raw carrots or sweet potatoes. My dogs will do anything for those types of treats.


Member 233817 answered on 10/16/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Sparky

The sugar in lollipop will only rot your dogs teeth. I love loolypop but hate how my teeth feel after it. Most people don't brush there dogs teeth. It will only make them fat and rot there teeth. There is nothing good in it for the pup. It may look cute but not a great idea....If you want to give him a treat give him a slice of carrots, a piece of apple a few cheerios......Stay clear of sugar....It's not good for kids..........even our fur babies


Sparky answered on 10/17/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer