CAN DOGS HAVE HEADACHES

CAN DOGS HAVE HEADACHES. I TOOK MY DOG TO THE VET BECAUSE HE WAS ACTING LIKE HE HAD A HEADACHE SO I THOUGHT MAKE HE TEETH. THE VET SAID THAT MY DOG LOKKED VERY HEALTHY AND TOOK SOME BLOOD. HE WAS CRYING DAILY. THE VET ALSO GAVE HIM SOME ANTIB. A FEW DAYS LATER THE VET CALLED AND SAID THE THE LAB WORK WAS JUST FINE. I TOLD HER THE THERE WAS NO CHANGE WITH MY DOG. SHE TOLD ME TO FINISH THE ANTIB. AND THAT HE SHOULD BE FINE. WELL THAT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO. MY DOG STII CRY'S WHAN I WALK FAST BY HIM. HE ALSO TRY'S TO SHAKE BUT CRY'S OVER PAIN. I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER $300 TO SPEND. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I CAN JUST GIVE A TYLENOL?

Asked by Member 832795 on May 3rd 2009 in Illness & Disease

Answers

NO! Tylenol may be safer for us, but not dogs.

You could try some aspirin, buffered is best. You can give 5 mg per pound of body weight every 12 hours. A regular 325 mg tablet is right for a 65 pound dog. For smaller dogs, you may need to start with a baby aspirin.

I seldom give my dogs anything the vet doesn't direct, or suggest anybody else does. If giving your dog the aspirin seems to help, it is in pain. You really need to work with the vet, or perhaps a second one. The aspirin isn't a long term fix.

♥Angel Sasha ♥

No Tylenol. The safe amount of aspirin to give depends on your dog's weight. It is always wise to check with your vet before administering aspirin or any other medication. Giving too large of a dose of aspirin may be toxic to your dog.

♥Angel Sasha ♥ answered on 5/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer