briscoe

Can anybody tell me what kind of dog i have?

We got him from the pound a little over a year ago and for the life of me i cant figure our what he is, he looks like everything.

Asked by briscoe on Dec 15th 2011 in Mixed Breeds

Answers

LOL... he probably IS a bit of everything! Cute dog. His coloring says German Shepherd, but that's not the only breed that comes in black and tan, so I wouldn't say it's definite.

Why don't you try a DNA test? They're about 60 dollars now, and they're sold at PetSmart and over the internet. They're not perfect yet, some people seem to get really improbably results, but it's just for fun, mostly, so what does it matter? I tried it on Bruno and two of the three breeds they came up with seem likely, one seems very UN-likely.

I personally, would never do a DNA test. Doggy DNA test are usually 99% of the time un-accurate. I've seen Lab mixes and Golden Retriever mixes and their DNA results come up as Chihuahua mixes and I've seen Chihuahua mixes come up as Lab mixes! So, it's very un-accurate.

Anyways, my guess on Briscoe would be that he is a German Shepherd/Shetland Sheepdog/Beagle/Jack Russell Terrier mix.