Proximo

Can any one tell me what my dog is mixed with?

My dog is a German Shepherd mix, when we adopted him we read the story and the puppies were unexpected and the family could not keep them all. The mother is German Shepherd, but they did not know what the father was, I was guessing yellow lab or perhaps a Pointer? If any one is certain that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Asked by Proximo on May 11th 2011 in German Shepherd

Answers

Proximo - German Shepherd/Siberian Husky/Labrador Retriever/Collie mix.

to me this dog looks like an Akita mix. I think that because of the dimension of face and the coat density. Are you sure this dog has shepherd in it?
and this looks like a puppy still. Pretty :)

Callie

He looks a bit like mine!
I had my dogs DNA done (www.dnamydog.com and it came out about half German Shepherd, with a bit of Afghan Hound and a wee bit of Pointer.
I think he looks a bit more Belgian Malinois then Shepherd (I think that`s what mine actually is too) and the two breeds get mixed up all the time.

Callie answered on 5/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Carter

My dog looks similar to yours except your dog has white on his nose. So maybe a cross between a collie and belgian along with the german shepherd.

Carter answered on 4/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer