can a maltese live outdoors even are bein livin inside for the last 2yrs.

my maltese has bein livin indoors the last 2yrs,since bein born. can he switch to livin outside?

Asked by Member 1152373 on Jan 28th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Why? Maltese are inside dogs and shouldn't be left outside unsupervised. They are companion dogs that want to be with their people. Please do NOT make your maltese live outside.

Frankly, NO. Maltese are toy breeds, bred to be companion animals to humans and to make them live outside is just plain not right and cruel.
I don't know where you live, but around here it's either too cold in Winter or too hot in Summer for them to live comfortably, not to mention the loss of their closeness to their humans.
I would suggest rehoming the dog if there is a reason he can no longer live in your home. It would be much better for the poor dog.

I agree with the other posters. The answer is no.

Mika

a maltese?? No?! And I am not sure why you would want to? Especially after having the dog indoors with you for 2 yrs???

Mika answered on 1/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

You selected a non-working, toy breed. He's been bred just to love being with people, and you're his people. I hope this isn't a case of "he's not a puppy anymore, so the novelty has worn off." Because dogs are for life, not just until they're not as cute or pleasing. If there's a behavior problem, train him. If there's a medical problem, treat it. If you aren't willing to do this, find a no-kill rescue organization willing to find an owner who will do these things. But one more chained up, outside dog is irresponsible and a tragedy and it makes all pet owners look bad.

Jewel Diva Girl

OUTDOORS?????? Dogs are'nt meant to live outdoors! They are meant to be great companions plus a Maltese is small so why would you want to let it live outdoors?? I suggest you read this Dogster article, then come back: <a href="www.dogster.com it ever ok for a Dog to Live Outdoors?</a> My answer is NO.

Jewel Diva Girl answered on 2/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer